Monday, October 25, 2010

Lime Coconut Pie Soap

I was browsing the net and came across this super yummy recipe for Lime Coconut Cheesecake.


  Right away I start thinking of the soaping possibilities.  I rarely plan batches of soap out, but I worked on this one for a couple of days before settling on a design.  At one point I even considered pulling out my spring form pan do try to mimic the actual dessert. I decided to go with the loaf though...


This batch is scented with a non-discoloring Key Lime Pie (Southern Soapers) fragrance oil. I had some leftover end cuts from a batch of Island Coconut (Brambleberry) CP Soap and since that batch did discolor to a pretty goldenish color, it was perfect for the toasted coconut required for the recipe. I  used Wilton's 2D tip to pipe some whipped CP soap for the whipped cream portion.  Finally, I topped it with real lime zest for garnish.

There was even enough left over to  get 2 soap cupcakes.

7 comments:

  1. They look good enough to eat! I love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good lord! do you have a magic wand to do that?! I want one! Fancy doing a swap soon? My Midnight Marauder will be ready in about a week.
    I'd love to do swapsies if you're up for it.
    Best
    Tiggy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Future Primitive, Would I!! I'm definitely up for it. These will be cured in about 1 1/2 weeks. I'll keep an eye on your shop :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so well crafted. I'm a sucker for Key Lime Pie. The top of your soap looks so fluffy and perfect. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coconut Pie Lime soap looks absolutely beautiful, Kia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. kewl! i will wait for your go ahead. so excited! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails