Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Scrumptious Oatmeal, Milk & Honey Soap

I made this batch of soap using a new recipe. I used Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and Cocoa Butter as my base ingredients. Olive Oil is always a great base to use because it's mild. Coconut Oil increases lather and bubbles but can be very drying, which is why I normally don't use as much as I did in this batch. However, to offset the increased amount of Coconut Oil, I added even more Cocoa Butter for it's great moisturizing properties. Cocoa Butter also will help make the bar hard which will ultimately help soap last longer.

 

I then added Palm Oil (hardness & lather), Unrefined Shea Butter (more moisture!) and Castor Oil (for even more bubbles). Also new to my recipe is Tussah Noil Silk Fibre*. Silk Fibre adds a rich and silky feel to the lather which is suppose to feel really, really good in your skin.
The Result
I am extremely happy with the way these bars turned out. The high liquid oil content really gives the bars a nice smooth texture and they seem to have a slight sheen to them. Here's the best part: THEY SMELL GREAT!! The longer these bars cure, the better they smell. The scent of some fragrance oils morph in Cold Process soaps. In my opinion, this is one of them. But, in this case, that's a really good thing because I love this soap.
*The Tussah Noil Silk that we use in our soaps is made by wild Tussah Silk Worms when forming their cacoons and is hand harvested AFTER the Antheraea Pernyisilk Moth has emerged.

3 comments:

  1. Your soap looks fanatastic!!! how do you get the lovely textured look on the top

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sally :D I just used a rubber spatula and scooped the mixture up to create peaks and valleys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That oatmeal, milk, & honey soap looks marvelous and I like all three ingrediants! Yum, I've gotta try a bar! :-D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails