Friday, November 19, 2010

Oatmeal Stout Beer Soap

Move over Oatmeal, Milk & Honey...there's a new kid in town!! I swear this is one of the best fragrances that I have ever, ever smelled!. (Pumpkin Lager too, but I'll talk about that in another post.)  Bramble Berry really outdid themselves with this delicious fragrance. 

Do you know how we aren't really suppose to sniff the fragrance out of the bottle to determine it's true scent?  Well sniff away I say!  Even through the rigors of cold process soaping, it still smells the same as it did oob.  This fragrance oil  totally delivered and all of the promised flavors came through beautifully.

Using Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout beer, I mostly followed the soaping instructions found on the Soap Queen blog. 
*NOTE - She really does mean don't turn your back on the beer while boiling! Don't ask me how I know ;0)

The only exception is that I soap at room temps, so I placed the beer in an ice bath to cool down while melting and mixing my oils.  This fragrance oil does accelerate trace a bit but it wasn't really a problem.  It discolored to this gorgeous shade of brown that has darkened to a rich chocolate since taking these photos. 
Overall, I give this Oatmeal Stout fragrance oil two enthusiastic thumbs up OR for any In Living Color fans out there: "2 Snaps Up!"

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful soap - I think I can smell it!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your soap turned out fantastic. I love it! Great job ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Con que aspecto mas precioso que te ha quedado, seguro que huele fenomenal, me gusta mucho

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice! I have that and need to soap it. I think its my fav out of all of the new beer scents that came out at the same time. Very pretty design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful soap! it looks and sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails