Thursday, November 14, 2013

A few more soaps...

Just one last post before my Winter Holiday Release!
 
I thought I'd share a few more soaps.  These were done using my Soap Hutch mold.  They're taller than my regular soaps but slimmer.  Also, they're not quite as heavy.   The bars weigh between 4.5 - 4.7 oz.  Still a nice size and they fit very nicely in your hand.
 
JADE
A beautifully fresh scent with Sweet Jasmine, White lilies and Violets with middle notes of Lavender and Rose combined with a delicate touch of sun ripened pineapple with bottom notes of Apple and Melon
 
I did an ITP swirl for this one, which is always a little tricky, because the FO moves pretty quickly.   My goal, of course, was to try to mimic the natural color veins in stones and rocks. 
 
SWEET TALKER
London Lemon Curd whipped with pure sugar cane on a delectable shortbread crust
 
I couldn't do my winter line-up without bringing Sweet Talker back.  It's such a yummy lemon scent that is totally wearable.  Always a favorite. 
 
OLIVE BRANCH
Bright citrus fruits mingled with Bergamot, leafy greenery with soft Musk and every so lightly sweetened with a touch of Vanilla

The only thing I don't like about having to use my regular mold for doing these tall bars, is that I can't get my skewer down in there to do the swirls!   If you want your designs to show up on the face of your soap, then it matters very much which direction you actually do them.   Once again, I had to utilize the spoon swirl technique and I like it very much :0)

 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks great Kia I like the size of these bars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful soaps Kia....I really love Olive Branch, the swirls are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails