Friday, August 22, 2014

More soap ball embeds...

I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I really start to feel like I'm running out of ideas for Soapmaking.  How many different types of swirls can I do before everything starts to look the same?  By the time I got to this soap, I was in one of such slumps.
 
HARLEQUIN
 
Japanese Grapefruit and Citron leaf neatly crushed with Sparkling Mimosa with smoky note of Tobacco, Sugar Cane and Black Vanilla
 
 
I've been holding on to this oil for a while now unsure what to do with it.  It's "Dirty Mimosa" from the Sage.  I like using FO's from MMS when I'm looking for something very different from the popular scents that other soapers are carrying in their shops.  If only I had a nose for real scent blending...sigh. 
I play around a bit with it, but I'd LOVE to really, really understand how to create my own fragrance blends.  Sorry, back to this soap :0)
 
 
 As I was saying, I'm a bit in a design slump, so I decided to just go with an ITP swirls with more focus on the colors as opposed to the design.  The soap balls were  a last minute addition.  I saw my last bar of Seaberry on the rack and decided, why not add some soap scrap balls again. 
 
MINI BARS
 
The orange soap shreds didn't have much "pop" to them, so I decided to dip them into some gold and orange mica.  I really thought the base would discolor due to the vanilla in the fragrance description, but these have been curing for 2 weeks now and so far so good.  Fingers crossed.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some gorgeous swirls, Kia! And the soap ball embeds really make the soap pop. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is where I started to understand blends as well as first and foremost how top,middle and bottom notes work together.Its not unlike an orchestra.Each creates a unique dynamic at varying amounts.It is an amazing and worthwhile pursuit,Kia!Because these fragrances are truly yours!I highly recommend this site and kit .Check it out,I think this is what you seek,it was a god send for me!Good luck,love your cp soap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, Thank you so much!!!!! I will definitely check out the link. I use to purchase from them exclusively many years ago. Guess it's time to swing back around, lol. Thanks again :0)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails