Monday, November 10, 2014

Mayan Gold - ITP Swirling in Layers

I received a bar of soap made with BrambleBerry's Mayan Gold fragrance last year (or was it earlier this year?) in their soap swap.  My mom absolutely LOVED the scent and insisted that I include it in my Winter Release.
 
 
We designed and made this batch together.  I really enjoy soaping with my mom!  So, the design was suppose to be 3 layers of ITP swirls:  Black bottom with gold swirls (gold mica line) followed by a bronze type color with a black swirl (gold mica line) topped with a gold layer with a bronze swirl (dusting of gold mica).  It didn't quite work out like that!!

 
Everything was going fine until the dam in my mold slid out of place causing the layers to be disrupted.  This happened several times as we tried to find things to help reinforce the mold.  In the chaos,  I forgot half of the center layer still in the bowl and poured the top layer.  We spotted the bowl too late and made the decision to just go ahead and add it to the top.  Not quite what we were going for, but we were both quite happy with the outcome.

 
The scent is amazing: A warm spicy blend with notes of Sweet Orange, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Vanilla Bean and decadent Chocolate
It's a tad bit on the masculine side, but I totally think a chic could rock this scent as well ♥

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is stunning, Kia! Even if the process didn't go as planned, the soap is absolutely gorgeous! Sounds like a great scent, too. It's so cool that you and your mom soap together - that must be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soap Swaps are so fun. Discovering new scents you wouldn't normally try is my favorite part. Your bars look stunning. Great job =) That swirl is perfection!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails