Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bella Soap Attempts 1 & 2

I came across the "Bella" fragrance oil while shopping on the Magestic Mountain website for shrink wrap. It was my first time trying any of their fragrance oils. The scent is of course Lavender & Freesia rounded with notes of rose, iris, violet, and soft musk. Very feminine. This is actually my second attempt with this particular fragrance.

The first attempt turned out too soft even though I discounted the water. I think I've finally figured out what went wrong. Too much fragrance oil (I think).  The Sage doesn't really require that you use that much.  I tested my theory with the second batch (above) and it turned perfect. Those bars are already pretty hard even though they still have about two weeks of curing to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails