Monday, August 23, 2010

Soap Curls and Chunk Embeds-First Attempt

This is my first time attempting to add this type of stuff to my soap.  It always looked a bit too much in my opinion, but I'm kinda of bored with the whole swirling thing and wanted to try something new.  The crazy part is that I just got my Slab Birch Mold from Brambleberrya few days days ago and the only soap I can think to put in it right now is Castile.  I've been longing for that mold for months and now I finally have it and...well let's just say Brandon wouldn't be very happy right now after spending money on it, lol.

So, back to what I was saying.  I'm over the swirls right now and I decided to give these decorative soaps a try.  Now, I'll admit, I cheated a bit.  It's not my fault though.  I have a serious problem with impatience.  I decided to make my curls and chunks with melt & pour soap.  I have the low sweat CP like base from BB.  I think most soapers make their embeds ahead of time using CP soap colored and unscented.  Most of my ideas come to me when I'm laying in bed too wound up mentally to fall asleep.  All these ideas just start running through my head and I jump up ready to try one.  Needless to say, that doesn't leave much time for planning ahead.

At any rate here are the results.  I'm tentatively calling it "Cider Barrel" It's a combination of scents that include apples, brown sugar and spices.  You may also pick up some notes of caramel and pecan.  It smells really, really good.  I'm having trouble keeping  the kids away from it :0)

4 comments:

  1. So lovely! This morning in Indiana it felt like fall was near. I took the doggie potty and loved the chill in the air and my walnut tree leaves falling down around me. I said to my siter on the phone at that moment - mmm, a cup of hot cider would be perfect this morning. I didn't get it, but your soap helped remind me I wanted it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol,I LOVE fall! It's so beautiful. We have a ways to go before fall starts making visible changes here in NC though. I'm feeling a bit envious :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Das Verstehe ich , Irgendwann sterben Wirbel Sind langweilig und Frau Möchte was neues !
    Ist Dir DOCH sehr gut Gelungen und sterben Duftbeschreibung liest Sich sehr lecker .

    liebe Grüße Dörte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this soap reminds me of german chocolate cake for some reason!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails